Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Creative Customers: Girl Scouts Bronze Award Project

A few weekends ago, we had a visit from Girl Scouts Jenny and Brianna. They were working on a Bronze Award project that is near and dear to our animal-loving hearts here at the Woolen Mill Store: making beds and toys to donate to the dogs and cats up for adoption at the Oregon Humane Society.


We were thrilled to give them a quick demo on making braided tug toys, and sent them off with two bags stuffed full of wooly worms for further toymaking.

3 comments:

itssewnice said...

I love this. I was a Girl Scout and my Mom was our leader. When I look back at it I see how much she put into it, which I never appreciated at the time.

Its wonderful that girls are able to do projects and appreciate the fiber arts.

Even though both of my children were boys, now that they are grown I'm considering being a GS leader or helper.

itssewnice said...

Wonderful for the girls and the leaders!

Woolen Mill Store said...

Thanks for your comments, itssewnice! We are super-excited for Jenny & Brianna's project... hopefully their hard work will be an inspiration to other Girl Scouts.

Those of us at the WMS who were also Brownies/Girl Scouts kind of feel the same way -- we didn't necessarily notice or appreciate the hard work our moms and other troop leaders did at the time, but we sure do appreciate it now!