Tuesday, May 15, 2012

9 Uses for Granny Squares (Besides Blankets)

If you know or love a crocheter -- or are one yourself -- you're probably familiar with Granny Squares. And you might be thinking of them simply in terms of throws and blankets... but there are lots of creative things you can do with a few Granny Squares!

We're always on the lookout for cool craft projects and tutorials... if you want to show off something you've done with granny squares, leave us a link in the comments!


 

2 comments:

Lesley said...

My daughter crocheted with a cotton yarn a granny square, folded it in half and sewed around the open edges to make a pouch for my new Tracfone SVC phone for seniors that I got on mothers day. The pouch has a ribbon loop sewed on it so I can wear this phone with the large keys and letters on the screen around my neck. I now don't have to wear my reading glasses to make a call and I have easy access to my phone in a medical emergency.
This simple crocheted pouch is very useful.

Woolen Mill Store said...

Hi Lesley!

That crocheted phone pouch is a beautifully brilliant idea! Quick, easy, and sounds like it works perfectly for you. We're so glad you shared the idea.