In 1916, President Woodrow Wilson signed legislation establishing the National Park Service. Their mission was to manage and preserve 35 existing national parks and monuments across the United States. In the last one hundred years, the National Park Service has grown to oversee more than 400 parks and monuments that play host to millions of visitors from around the world.
What will you find at the Woolen Mill Store during the Pendleton Parks Party?
- Pendleton's iconic National Parks blankets -- representing ten different parks across the nation. Did you know that our very first park blanket (Glacier Park) has been in production since 1916?
- New National Parks accessories like socks, towels, bags, candles, and more.
- The new parks-inspired line of Alma Chocolates.
- Carolina Pet beds, coats, collars, and more in your favorite park colors.
- Free National Park themed pins and postcards (while supplies last).
- Park blanket and accessory fabric remnants for 75% off the regular price!
For the next year, a portion of the proceeds from sales of Pendleton's National Parks collection will benefit the National Park Foundation's efforts to restore, preserve, and protect America's treasures. Together, we can help ensure that the National Parks endure for another century!